20/02: Books to Read
Life: (0 read / 1 planned)Books to Read (Life):
Career: (0 reader / 1 planned)
- Tuesdays with Morrie
Books to Read (Career):
- Essential Windows Workflow
20/02: Places to See
The following are places I would love to visit in my lifetime.
(0 visited / 1 planned )
Places to See:
- Great Wall of China
19/02: Beer List
- Carlton Draught
- Carlton Mid
- Carlton Pure Blonde
- Tooheys New
- Tooheys Old
- XXXX Gold
- XXXX Bitter
- Sol Cerveza
- Alambra Reserva 1928
- Coopers Sparkling Ale
- Coopers Pale Ale
- Gage Road Pils
- Leffe's Blond
- Leffe's Bruin
- Kriek (Cherry)
- Balthica 3
Use Reflection wisely and be aware of the list Costly functions vs the fast ones
Fast and Light Functions
typeof == Object.GetType
Type equivalence APIs (including typehandle operator overloads)
Some of the IsXX predicate APIs
New token/handle resolution APIs in the .NET Framework 2.0
GetXX APIs (MethodInfo, PropertyInfo, FieldInfo, and so on)
Invoke APIs (MethodInfo.Invoke, FieldInfo.GetValue, and so on)
get_Name (Name property)
powered by performancing firefox
06/11: Online Resume
Document Status: Web 2.0 Beta
Current as at: November 2006
The 30 second elevator speech:
* Knowledge from multiple disciplines is the key to good problem solving - best tool for the job + out of the box thinking.
* Self Improvement - daily study, RSS is your friend, community + open source collaboration.
* Aspiration, dedication,
Application Design, Development and Project Management
Technologies: Agile Development, TargetProcess, Trac, Continuous Integration
- Scalable enterprise application.
- Close customer relationship
- Used TargetProcess for agile software development practices.
- Integration tool to find optimally priced vehicles against valuations.
- Developed using RAD approach with TDD to deliver prototype within budget + ahead of schedule.
* Pivot Software
- Involved in planning and technology consultation to deliver next version of existing knowledge management software.
.NET (3 years) + Mono (1 year)
Skills: WinForms, Systems Integration
* BookGarden eCommerce integration
- Scalable, plugin-approach for multiple websites + multiple AI strategies for text-matching against erroneous input data.
Technologies: SQL Server 2000 & TSQL, MySql, PostGresql, SqlLite, MS Access, Persistence frameworks
- Experience porting DotNetNuke modules (specifically DALs) between SQL Server and MsAccess.
* XPO, CSLA.NET
- Extensive experience with XPO persistence frameworks for scalable enteprise level applications.
- Some experience with CSLA.NET in an enterprise business object framework.
Technologies: ASP.NET, PHP, JS, CSS, AJAX, HTML, XML, JSON, Web Service
Practices: Design, Deployment, Maintenance
* SIIB Enterprise Management Application
- Provide security enhancements and improve general practices used.
* DotNetNuke Modules
03/11: Guidelines for CodeRush
I've created a CodeRush plugin of the Visual Studio Guidelines by Todd Davis.
This is for CodeRush 2.0 and was compiled in VS2003.
Let me know any bugs etc
I've made a rough port of the JSON.NET serialization and parsing framework to .NET 1.1.
I've also added some extensions like attributes for non-serialization and a reflection based property tree lookup:
Equivalent to the fourth fruit object in the fruits collection in the first tree in the trees collection of the orchard.
-- I will put this up on codeplex when I have some time --
Sometimes you just need to remove the subversion metadata from a directory tree.
Drag and drop the folder on it.
I backported the DX_CodeStyleEnforcer from Joel Fjorden to .NET 1.1.
I also added a small rendering delay which allows DX to draw correctly when you have the output, debugging panes open and they minimise over the editor window.
Here is the DLL:
All credit to Joel for a fantastic and novel DXCore plugin - cant wait for the next version.
Kudos to the DevExpress guys for everything they do... especially XPO.
18/10: Simple Volume Control
I've created a simple command line console app that can set the windows volume:
USAGE: SoundApp.exe [0-255] where [0-255] is a number that represents the volume level.
If a SoundApp.exe.config file exists, the SoundApp will use the mixer id from it, otherwise it will default to mixer id 0.
Use a different mixer id to access the different sound cards in your system.
Use it in batch scripts or my favourite, slickrun.
I use MagicWords: mute, unmute - for instant sound control.
I also recommend PandoraBrowse with the MagicWord: music